Friday, July 24, 2009

Goal: Walk Across England, August 2010

How will I do it? DETOXING -- TRAINING -- BELIEVING!



I have Roz Savage -- eco-pioneer, ocean rower par excellence, and all-around amazing woman -- to thank for rekindling my forsaken dream of walking across England. Whilst "walking" my lovely Kailua Beach the other day w/ Roxanne Darling (albeit remotely via her terrific live videos at BEACHWALKS TV), I stumbled upon a video interview she did with a lovely, wildly adventurous lady named Roz Savage, who was about to embark from Hawaii towards Australia on the second leg of her 3-leg journey of ROWING SOLO across the Pacific. (Roz rowed solo across the Atlantic a year earlier. Yup, you read that correctly. ROWED. Across the Atlantic.) At the time of the interview, she'd accomplished the amazing feat of being the first woman to row solo from California to Hawaii, the first leg of her Pacific journey. LISTEN TO THAT INTERVIEW HERE.

Hearing Roz inspired me to go to her blog a few days ago and to write her. In doing so I've become part of her awesome adventure ... in the middle of the Pacific Ocean ... as she's writing back! And it is "being" with Roz out there in the middle of the Pacific that inspired me to once again take up my quest to walk across England next summer.



If you feel inspired, please join Roz on her blog and drop her some words of encouragement as well. I joined her adventure on DAY 52. Now so can you!

"One stroke isn't going to get me anywhere, but if you take a load of tiny actions and you string them all together, you really can achieve almost anything." Roz Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment