Monday, August 9, 2010

HAWAII BOUND -- Three Weeks and Counting!

Surfer Crossing
Originally uploaded by _BigK_
I cannot WAIT to touch down in my beloved Hawaii in just a few short weeks!  I'll be joined there by a wonderful friend from England ... and will be met at the airport by another wonderful friend -- someone who knows the Island of Oahu like the back of his hand, as he's lived there for nearly 30 years!  Who's got it better than me?!

That sign over there to the right stands outside a terrific surf shop up on the North Shore in the town of Haleiwa.  We'll be staying on the North Shore (home of the famous "Bonzai Pipeline") for the first few days ... in a little 2-bedroom cottage in Pupukea.  I'll get to explore stuff I never got a chance to when I lived there.  That's part of what this trip is all about.  Mainly, though, it's a physical and spiritual retreat for ourselves . . . with FUN permeating every day!  (We're going to do what WE want to do when WE want to do it.  My friend and I figure we both deserve it -- given what we've each been through in the last 10 years with our kids!)








Above:  "Beach Stuff" -- also originally loaded by BigK.  Thanks for a cool photo, BigK!

"One oar stroke isn't going to get you anywhere, but if you take a load of tiny actions and you string them all together, you really can achieve almost anything."  --  Roz Savage, Ocean Rower

No comments:

Post a Comment